One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A farm established within an urban area for educational purposes.
- ‘Originally it was a Welsh National Opera prop which went to a city farm in Cardiff before coming to new pastures in Pembrokeshire.’
- ‘However, probably the most exciting proposal of all is an exploration of the potential of developing a city farm.’
- ‘Newborn lambs will be the star attraction at an Easter day on a city farm.’
- ‘Okay, it's true that she is always whisking the children off to horrible places - Madame Tussaud's, or a city farm somewhere - but, even so, I hardly have a minute to myself.’
- ‘Except what you can't see in the picture are the faceless council estates all around, and you can't smell the pigs grunting on the city farm over the road.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.