One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A farm established within an urban area for educational purposes.
- ‘However, probably the most exciting proposal of all is an exploration of the potential of developing a city farm.’
- ‘Newborn lambs will be the star attraction at an Easter day on a city farm.’
- ‘Originally it was a Welsh National Opera prop which went to a city farm in Cardiff before coming to new pastures in Pembrokeshire.’
- ‘Except what you can't see in the picture are the faceless council estates all around, and you can't smell the pigs grunting on the city farm over the road.’
- ‘Okay, it's true that she is always whisking the children off to horrible places - Madame Tussaud's, or a city farm somewhere - but, even so, I hardly have a minute to myself.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.