Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A salt or ester of citric acid.
- ‘Some cheletes are fumarates, gluconates, asparatates, citrates and amino acids.’
- ‘In either case, organic acids like citrate and malate are synthesized to enable the plant to survive under phosphorus deficiency.’
- ‘The metabolites considered are pyruvate, malate and citrate.’
- ‘Calcium citrate may be better absorbed than the other calcium salts.’
- ‘If you decide to take calcium supplements, look for lactates, citrates, and amino acid chelates, preferably in capsule form rather than hard tablets because they're more easily broken down.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.