One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small Old World warbler with brownish streaked plumage, found mainly in Africa.
- ‘For his own contributions, he chose the difficult bulbuls in volume 4 and the cisticolas in volume 5.’
- ‘Calls are probably the best way to identify cisticolas, as each species has its own unique song.’
- ‘Weavers and cisticolas continued to test our knowledge of these challenging families.’
- ‘In ornithological circles, he perhaps is best known for unraveling the systematics of the cisticolas, a notoriously difficult group of Old World warblers.’
- ‘The zitting cisticola takes insects and insect larvae on the ground.’
Modern Latin, from Greek kistos ‘flowering shrub’ + Latin -col- ‘dwelling in’ (from the verb colere).
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.