One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Prejudice or discrimination against transgender people.‘trans feminists have also focused on how trans people are impacted by institutionalized cissexism’
- ‘The Atlantic was one of many organisations to "call out" cissexism as it name-checked the news outlets who'd failed to respect Manning's request to be referred to as a woman.’
- ‘Cissexism and trans misogyny present significant barriers to services.’
- ‘I think one of the reasons those models of oppression have cissexism designed in is because the oppression of women is designed to oppress cis women.’
- ‘You can still practice being trans-inclusive in your language and gently and productively addressing cissexism and cisnormativity.’
- ‘This kind of ignorant cissexism just gets in the way of us getting closer and having fun together.’
- ‘We must acknowledge and come to terms with the implicit cissexism in assuming that only women have abortions.’
- ‘The fierceness with which she goes after cissexism can be offensive of course.’
- ‘What you are demonstrating in your blog is cissexism: rating transsexual/transgender gender identity as inferior to your own – also acquired – cissexual identity.’
- ‘By asking me to use a private facility, you are effectively othering me and telling me I am not "really" a man, which is a manifestation of cissexism.’
- ‘His comparison is a false equivalency - it assumes that we live in a utopian world where cissexism or other forms of oppression don't exist.’
Early 21st century: from cis- + sexism.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.