Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Between the earth and the moon.‘the darkness of cislunar space’
- ‘I will, therefore, limit this discussion to cislunar space; to the smaller orbits where the required resources are available.’
- ‘It is definitely one of the premier geological wonders of cislunar space.’
- ‘Imagine it is 20, 50, or 100 years after lunar mining becomes established and after a genuine cislunar economy becomes established.’
- ‘These missions could also serve as a pathfinder, providing guidance for designing new vehicles that would fly in cislunar space.’
- ‘Space skills will be valuable and firms and people with experience on the Moon will be well able to help develop cislunar and Martian systems.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.