One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A crustacean of the class Cirripedia; a barnacle.
- ‘Recent climate changes and the beneficial habitat of the buoys favour the introduction of exotic cirripeds.’
- ‘The cleaning process of the illustrated sample containing numerous cirriped plates was accomplished within 10 seconds!’
- ‘On the other hand, some cirriped species may dissociate from dead sea turtles as occurs with other commensal taxa, which are rarely found on dead stranded sea turtles.’
- ‘When fossil cirripeds are found they are often individual plates broken from the rest of the animal or traces left where they were attached or burrowed.’
- ‘He said he had fallen asleep while sunbathing on the beach in shallow water and had awoken to find the clinging cirriped firmly in place.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.