One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The quality of being wary and unwilling to take risks; prudence.‘circumspection is required in the day-to-day exercise of administrative powers’
caution, carefulness, care, wariness, chariness, guardednessView synonyms
- ‘Then he said that one should approach such issues with careful circumspection and logical evaluation.’
- ‘He, however, said that the very nature of the crisis demanded careful collective circumspection.’
- ‘I believe some degree of circumspection, if not caution, is warranted.’
- ‘But after the article below, I think I must be the epitome of caution and circumspection.’
- ‘Now more than ever, the wise few must proceed cautiously and with circumspection.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.