One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to the circulation of blood or sap.
- ‘These signs may precede circulatory collapse and death.’
- ‘A circulatory problem causes him to stop for a rest every now and then, but he is in good health.’
- ‘Nitric oxide has a beneficial effect on circulatory status and increases blood supply to the wound.’
- ‘You've got a circulatory problem in your femoral arteries.’
- ‘Exposure to hydrochloric acid can cause circulatory collapse which may lead to death.’
- ‘Exercise not only strengthened muscles and improved general stamina, but also gave a thorough workout to the circulatory and respiratory systems.’
- ‘Both were developed for serious circulatory problems, but their side effects became more significant than the original purpose.’
- ‘In response to cold or stress, the fingers of patients with Raynaud's syndrome undergo characteristic circulatory changes.’
- ‘This herb boosts memory and alleviates circulatory problems.’
- ‘The nettle is great for enriching and purifying the blood to help with circulatory disorders.’
- ‘According to the British Heart Foundation, heart and circulatory disease are Britain's biggest killers despite significant advances in treatment.’
- ‘Eventually his cholesterol will be really out of control and he'll be a prime candidate for a heart attack or circulatory problems.’
- ‘The theory is that magnet therapy may be beneficial by affecting circulatory health and blood flow in the body.’
- ‘In their circulatory, excretory, and endocrine functions, vertebrates differ markedly from other animals.’
- ‘Treatment of acutely poisoned patients requires the maintenance of respiratory and circulatory functions, and elimination of the poison from the body.’
- ‘Women in the two groups were more likely to have been admitted to a hospital for circulatory diseases, especially hypertension.’
- ‘Excesses of salt in the diet can push up blood pressure, something that generally increases the risk of circulatory conditions such as heart disease and stroke.’
- ‘Heart and circulatory disease is responsible for more than 12,000 deaths a year in Scotland.’
- ‘Her father is in hospital with ongoing circulatory problems.’
- ‘It is a powerful irritant which, if inhaled, can cause severe circulatory and respiratory failure.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.