One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘A battalion of police cars was approaching, their sirens flashing circularly, speeding up along the deserted highway.’
- ‘Post-structuralism usually allows no appeal to a reality outside language; it sees every discourse as circularly self-confirming.’
- ‘Block concludes that consciousness cannot be defined other than circularly, via rough synonyms (‘awareness,’ etc.) or ostensively, through examples.’
- ‘The script's structure, like a web, is constructed circularly and as we wind our way closer to its center, we begin to pass recurring locales, faces, and feelings.’
- ‘The new materials emit nearly perfect circularly polarized light - the kind necessary to create 3D displays and striking color images.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.