One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Post-structuralism usually allows no appeal to a reality outside language; it sees every discourse as circularly self-confirming.’
- ‘A battalion of police cars was approaching, their sirens flashing circularly, speeding up along the deserted highway.’
- ‘The new materials emit nearly perfect circularly polarized light - the kind necessary to create 3D displays and striking color images.’
- ‘Block concludes that consciousness cannot be defined other than circularly, via rough synonyms (‘awareness,’ etc.) or ostensively, through examples.’
- ‘The script's structure, like a web, is constructed circularly and as we wind our way closer to its center, we begin to pass recurring locales, faces, and feelings.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.