One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An automatic device for stopping the flow of current in an electric circuit as a safety measure.
button, handle, lever, key, control, controller, disc, dial, joystickView synonyms
- ‘Eight new styles are being designed especially for the development, and all will include circuit-breakers.’
- ‘This circuit-breaker is suitable for plants in which smooth DC fault currents can occur.’
- ‘The pilot got out of his seat to check some circuit-breakers on the failed radios.’
- ‘When we inspected the circuit-breaker panels, we discovered 16 tripped circuit breakers.’
- ‘A circuit-breaker check indicated nothing out of the ordinary.’
- ‘If people took simple precautions such as wearing rubber-soled shoes and using a circuit-breaker, deaths would be fewer.’
- ‘The connector responsible for sending an overcurrent-overload signal to the radar circuit-breaker panel was also broken.’
- ‘Illegal connections had overloaded the network and caused circuit-breakers to trip.’
- ‘However, the right circuit-breaker panel, which suffered crash and fire damage, was found with all the breakers popped.’
- ‘This included adjusting the voltages in the electrical system to allow a circuit-breaker to be closed.’
- ‘Mike nods at a circuit-breaker panel to the right of the copilot.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.