Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A thin rigid board containing an electric circuit; a printed circuit.
- ‘A wlan interface card is a small circuit board that is installed in a personal computer so that users can connect to the Internet without wires.’
- ‘A reduced multi-chip module in the circuit board frees up space in the camera by almost 60 per cent.’
- ‘If you rip open your computer and look at the larger things that are stuck on the circuit board, you'll see they're attached by two or more metal prongs.’
- ‘A motherboard is the main circuit board inside a PC that holds and connects all of its chips, drives, and other parts.’
- ‘The large circuit board into which the Central Processing Unit, memory boards and peripheral cards are plugged is referred to as the motherboard.’
- ‘A design fault meant that a connection on the main circuit board was wearing out too quickly.’
- ‘Integrated circuit chips are mounted directly to a circuit board with contact pads facing away from the board.’
- ‘With the circuit board securely fastened thereon, the upper board is placed on the lower board.’
- ‘It was a TV remote, though part of the casing was gone and extra components bulged from the circuit board.’
- ‘Some people shouldn't be allowed near a circuit board with a soldering iron.’
- ‘Also mounted on the circuit board are a memory controller module and nine separate memory chips.’
- ‘The CEO claims that they'll be able to shrink the circuit board to a single chip by the end of the year.’
- ‘The circuit board resembles those already present in many cars, and could be installed fairly cheaply.’
- ‘A motherboard - a circuit board on which computer chips are joined together - is the basis of a computer.’
- ‘The system works through an electronic circuit board attached to the coin acceptor in a vending machine.’
- ‘A typical design includes either a circuit board or a flimsy material that lies underneath the buttons on the keyboard.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.