One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Circumstances.‘anyone would have done the same under the circs’
circumstances, surroundingsView synonyms
- ‘Given the circs, I am not surprised to find myself missing my ex-fiancé.’
- ‘No matter how dire the circs, there's always an upside.’
- ‘I plead mitigating circs; I was only 14.’
- ‘So, given the right circs there's a chance he could end up at one of many Victorian clubs.’
- ‘In those circs everything always seems to go right for the under-dogs.’
- ‘Under what circs would you use it?’
- ‘But perhaps, in the circs, I won't say any of that.’
- ‘Playing hostage rescue in these circs is rarely, if ever, a good idea.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.