Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for black vulture
- ‘Smaller birds defer to cinereous vultures when they arrive at a carcass - the big birds get first pickings.’
- ‘The cinereous vulture soars all day on warm air currents in search of food, primarily animal carcasses.’
- ‘A young cinereous vulture tagged in Mongolia by scientists makes its appearance in South Korea.’
- ‘The Milwaukee County Zoo has captive cinereous vultures and is interested in their in situ conservation.’
- ‘The cinereous vulture breeds mostly in high mountains and large forests, in loose colonies or solitarily.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.