One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of organ specially adapted for use in cinemas, typically having extra percussion stops and other effects.
- ‘It is a far cry from the days when the Compton cinema organ started an evening's show by rising through the floor.’
- ‘With the advent of the moving picture, and the subsequent development of the cinema organ, the organ was at an all time high.’
- ‘When the house darkened, the cinema organ came out of the floor.’
- ‘The exhibition of instruments, ranging from tiny musical boxes to a huge Wurlitzer cinema organ, will be enhanced by the grant.’
- ‘Our guest's knowledge of the cinema and cinema organs gave us a wonderful evening's entertainment.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.