One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of organ specially adapted for use in cinemas, typically having extra percussion stops and other effects.
- ‘The exhibition of instruments, ranging from tiny musical boxes to a huge Wurlitzer cinema organ, will be enhanced by the grant.’
- ‘It is a far cry from the days when the Compton cinema organ started an evening's show by rising through the floor.’
- ‘When the house darkened, the cinema organ came out of the floor.’
- ‘Our guest's knowledge of the cinema and cinema organs gave us a wonderful evening's entertainment.’
- ‘With the advent of the moving picture, and the subsequent development of the cinema organ, the organ was at an all time high.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.