One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The part of the eye that connects the iris to the choroid. It consists of the ciliary muscle (which alters the curvature of the lens), a series of radial ciliary process (from which the lens is suspended by ligaments), and the ciliary ring (which adjoins the choroid).
- ‘Zonules are ligaments attached to the anterior portion of the ciliary body that help suspend the lens.’
- ‘The lens is supported by the suspensory ligament from the ciliary body, and changes in its shape permit change of focus.’
- ‘The ciliary body contains the muscular structure in the eye that changes the shape of the eye's lens.’
- ‘He showed that UV rays were effective for treating tubercular and inflammatory eye conditions involving the conjunctiva, cornea, iris, ciliary body, choroids and retina.’
- ‘In people who have normal vision, the ciliary body flattens the lens enough to bring objects into focus at a distance of 20 feet or more.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.