One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or involving cilia.‘ciliary action’‘ciliary tracts’
- ‘Escudier and coworkers studied the ciliary ultrastructure of 40 patients who had respiratory tract infections.’
- ‘These spines contain epidermal cells and ciliary sensory cells.’
- ‘Food is entrapped in mucous and transported by ciliary action to the esophagus.’
- ‘Purkinje and his pupil, Gustav Valentin, extensively studied ciliary movement.’
- ‘Cigarette smoking is known to affect ciliary action in the nasopharynx and respiratory tract.’
Relating to the eyelashes or eyelids.
- ‘Intense ciliary and conjunctival hyperemia occurs, and diffuse eye swelling may occur, including the eyelids.’
- ‘The cylopegic drops will relieve ciliary spasm and dilate the pupil.’
- 2.1 Relating to the ciliary body of the eye.
- ‘It clings to the retina, the ciliary epithelium, and the margin of the optic nerve.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.