One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An apple of a variety that is used in cider-making.
- ‘There were baking apples, drying apples, cider apples, and dessert apples.’
- ‘Her move to Redditch in 1992 enabled her and her new husband to start a cider apple farm.’
- ‘Mr Smith said that while eating and cooking apples represent the main varieties grown, there has been a steady increase in the quantity of cider apples over the past decade and these now account for about a quarter of production.’
- ‘At St. George Spirits, you might get a chance to preview ‘orchard blend’ apple brandy made from six varieties of cider apples.’
- ‘The company secures the cash flow to orchardists with thirty-year guaranteed contracts for cider apples.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.