One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘During the remainder of the year, Wendy and Cliff, both expert chutists, operate a successful sport parachute business, as well as their fixed base operation for sport aircraft.’
- ‘Lines of infantrymen trudged up the road for miles behind, moving to the aid of the hardfighting chutists.’
- ‘No one is needed to stop the chute or collapse it; this is done simply by releasing one or both of the risers, giving the chutist adequate safety control.’
- ‘The distance between the chutists does not appear to be great, but it's crucial when there is such a tight margin for error, especially at harrowing speeds.’
- ‘In this way, the wind forces can be dissipated and the chutist allowed time to collapse the parachute in a safe manner, avoiding injuries commonly incurred when dragged over terrain upon landing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.