One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The distance between the chutists does not appear to be great, but it's crucial when there is such a tight margin for error, especially at harrowing speeds.’
- ‘During the remainder of the year, Wendy and Cliff, both expert chutists, operate a successful sport parachute business, as well as their fixed base operation for sport aircraft.’
- ‘No one is needed to stop the chute or collapse it; this is done simply by releasing one or both of the risers, giving the chutist adequate safety control.’
- ‘In this way, the wind forces can be dissipated and the chutist allowed time to collapse the parachute in a safe manner, avoiding injuries commonly incurred when dragged over terrain upon landing.’
- ‘Lines of infantrymen trudged up the road for miles behind, moving to the aid of the hardfighting chutists.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.