One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to the lavishly ornamented late Spanish baroque style.‘a Churrigueresque church’
- ‘The facade, depicting Christ and the 12 apostles, is one of the finest examples of Churrigueresque architecture in Mexico.’
- ‘Designed in the Churrigueresque style, the ground floor is wrapped in a brocade of ornamental cast iron.’
- ‘This Cathedral was constructed in 1612 and the decoration of its interior, of a Spanish Churrigueresque style, is one of the main reasons to consider it as one of the most beautiful churches in Peru.’
- ‘The term Churrigueresque denotes a style that is visually frenetic and exuberantly detailed.’
- ‘So intricate and so complex were Churrigueresque altars that few understand how the design was done.’
Mid 19th century: from the name José Benito de Churriguera (1665–1725), a Spanish architect who worked in this style.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.