One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
noun & adjective
- ‘Later, I learned that this student, a churchgoing Presbyterian, was under some pressure from other students to leave his church and ‘become a Christian.’’
- ‘Finland is about 98 percent Lutheran but only about 2 percent churchgoing, so Lutheran notions of sin and grace are long forgotten by most Finns.’
- ‘Perhaps surprisingly, urban Protestant churchgoing started to decline as Sunday school attendance was growing.’
- ‘Until there is more transparency in church finances, it appears that a significant number of churchgoing Catholics will be withholding financial support from the church.’
- ‘The increase is reflected across the ethnic minority Christian communities, although it is not yet large enough to offset the continuing decline in churchgoing overall.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.