Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Causing mild amusement; humorous.‘the script is chucklesome rather than hilarious’
- ‘Even Fables has its chucklesome moments, although they are in the context of a load of godawful blather.’
- ‘He's certainly more shy than I expected, and seems grateful for the presence of a chucklesome PR at our pond-side cafe.’
- ‘Nevertheless, it's a chucklesome 200-odd pages, bright and breezy and bubbling with imagination and enthusiasm.’
- ‘But while the film has a certain charm, there is not one chucklesome moment during its entire running time.’
- ‘Being as the producers almost decided to stretch a movie out of the already padded (but chucklesome) episode Kamp Krusty, this is worth worrying about.’
- ‘We asked you to submit your bestest most chucklesome haiku about the fact that Abi Titmuss had become good pals with David Beckham on the set of Goal 2.’
- ‘The comedy was chucklesome rather than hilarious, a couple of scenes falling flat, but in the main it kept things bubbling.’
- ‘The script is chucklesome rather than high-octane hilarious.’
- ‘The artwork is early Doris Matthaus watercolor and can be seen in the pictures: cartoonish, humorous and chucklesome.’
- ‘He is an astute enough character comic, but his material is hardly challenging, gentle chucklesome fayre for a Sunday evening audience.’
- ‘Everyone who meets you, E, is struck by how smiley and chucklesome you are.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.