One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Cricket history is replete with examples of chuckers - the most memorable for Indian fans being West Indian paceman Charlie Griffith whose bowling nearly killed Nari Contractor at Barbados in 1962.’
- ‘Right now they all appear to be tarred with the same brush - albeit inadvertently innocent to say the least, given known chuckers in cricket were forced from the game down the years.’
- ‘I don't want to name names, but you don't need to be a rocket scientist to work out who the chuckers are.’
- ‘But if we look closely, both sides have the same aim in mind: making sure that no bowler takes undue advantage of the laws, and removing chuckers from the game.’
- ‘He joined Skipton RFC at 18, was a keen cross-country runner and an excellent medium fast bowler - ‘although some people, mainly opposition batsmen, claimed I was a chucker.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.