One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I don't want to name names, but you don't need to be a rocket scientist to work out who the chuckers are.’
- ‘He joined Skipton RFC at 18, was a keen cross-country runner and an excellent medium fast bowler - ‘although some people, mainly opposition batsmen, claimed I was a chucker.’’
- ‘Right now they all appear to be tarred with the same brush - albeit inadvertently innocent to say the least, given known chuckers in cricket were forced from the game down the years.’
- ‘But if we look closely, both sides have the same aim in mind: making sure that no bowler takes undue advantage of the laws, and removing chuckers from the game.’
- ‘Cricket history is replete with examples of chuckers - the most memorable for Indian fans being West Indian paceman Charlie Griffith whose bowling nearly killed Nari Contractor at Barbados in 1962.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.