One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small metal device for tightening the chuck of a drill.
- ‘Originally, reciprocating saws were provided with a separate chuck key to release the saw blade.’
- ‘Handyman Erica hint #1: If your drill bit keeps falling out of the drill press, perhaps you forgot to tighten it in all three places with the chuck key.’
- ‘I'm always misplacing the chuck key to my drill press.’
- ‘Step 3: Unscrew the drill chuck by holding down the drill on a sturdy workbench and inserting the chuck key.’
- ‘Although operably adequate and inexpensive to manufacture, these chuck keys have several shortcomings.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.