Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A cultivated chrysanthemum.
- ‘The cross comes in sizes ranging from 12 inches to 6 foot the cross priced and shown is a 4 foot cross based in white double chrysanths with red ribbon and greenery and finished with red rose spray.’
- ‘‘Spring Burst’ is a beautiful hand-tied bouquet of Roses, freesias, Hypericum berry, Pea green chrysanths and other seasonal flowers and foliages.’
- ‘His passion for plants eventually brought him to concentrate on producing chrysanths and bedding plants for direct sale.’
- ‘But the popularity of chrysanths is diminishing, I've noticed it over the last few years.’
- ‘Delight that someone special with a cheerful assortment of flowers featuring lilies, roses, spray chrysanths, various colourful and green fillers in a tall cylindrical glass vase.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.