One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The treatment of an illness or disorder by administering a drug at a time of day believed to be in harmony with the body's natural rhythms.
- ‘This study would form the basis for cancer chronotherapy, which aims in drug administration at appropriate timing according to the circadian rhythms of cancer cell susceptibility which will avoid adverse effects of chemotherapy.’
- ‘Chapter 6 deals with circadian rhythm and chronotherapy of asthma medications.’
- ‘Other illnesses that may benefit from chronotherapy include hay fever, which is worst in the morning.’
- ‘Still, when observing how ancient Chinese medicine understood chronotherapy, one cannot help but be impressed by the similarities with the discoveries of modern research.’
- ‘Western medicine uses the understanding of chronotherapy to treat illness more effectively.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.