One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This variable was subsequently transformed into a speed measure (scaled in milliseconds) in order to make it comparable to the other chronometric variables of the current investigation.’
- ‘By far, the most frequent chronometric age determinations link southeastern cave art with the Mississippian period.’
- ‘On the one hand there is relative time - the ordering of rock strata as recognised in a cliff section or in a deep sea core - and on the other there is absolute or chronometric time.’
- ‘Archaeology possesses the technical apparatus for the investigation of deep time through excavation and chronometric dating.’
- ‘The usual reason given for the use of a chronometric system is that we don't have enough biological activity or geochemical change to find useful markers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.