One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a way that follows the order in which events or records occurred.‘the essays are arranged chronologically’‘the narrative moves chronologically’
- ‘The best way is to start chronologically, from the very beginning.’
- ‘The chronologically arranged survey began with his small Cubist-inspired paintings of the 1950s.’
- ‘I have selected six paintings ranging chronologically from 1963 to 1995, the year of the artist's death.’
- ‘The second disc contains the next four episodes released chronologically in the fall of 1951.’
- ‘I watch all his films chronologically every year.’
- ‘These can only be more precisely dated through stylistic comparison with more chronologically secure Egyptian works.’
- ‘Composing a personal essay does not mean achieving perfect recall and transcribing it chronologically onto the page.’
- ‘The dates sweep chronologically from the mid-19th century to the present.’
- ‘The entries are arranged chronologically, with no art-historical or social-historical context to bind the works or warrant such an organization.’
- ‘He meanders roughly chronologically through his life but permits himself to digress when an incident or thought spurs a tangential memory.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.