One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The branch of biology concerned with cyclical physiological phenomena.
- ‘A promising new theory applies chronobiology based on a time-dependent or chronotherapeutic approach to pain assessment and intervention.’
- ‘In the lexicon of chronobiology, the science of body time, Dave is an owl and I'm a lark, and learning how to deal with the difference can turn you into a top performer.’
- ‘This superbly edited, richly illustrated book would be properly employed as a textbook for courses focused on chronobiology.’
- ‘Some education in sleep medicine and chronobiology occurs in undergraduate medical education, and additional curricular efforts to expand this exposure are underway at these levels of training.’
- ‘Night fears are justified: chronobiology, the study of how the time of day affects the body's functions, is beginning to show that many diseases become worse at night.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.