Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The branch of biology concerned with cyclical physiological phenomena.
- ‘Some education in sleep medicine and chronobiology occurs in undergraduate medical education, and additional curricular efforts to expand this exposure are underway at these levels of training.’
- ‘This superbly edited, richly illustrated book would be properly employed as a textbook for courses focused on chronobiology.’
- ‘A promising new theory applies chronobiology based on a time-dependent or chronotherapeutic approach to pain assessment and intervention.’
- ‘Night fears are justified: chronobiology, the study of how the time of day affects the body's functions, is beginning to show that many diseases become worse at night.’
- ‘In the lexicon of chronobiology, the science of body time, Dave is an owl and I'm a lark, and learning how to deal with the difference can turn you into a top performer.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.