One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A diagram showing the relative positions of genes along the length of a chromosome.
- ‘A comparison between the phylogenetic tree and the chromosome map shows that genes that are phylogenetically closer are also physically closer on chromosomes.’
- ‘We divided the chromosome map into four marker intervals using the most informative loci separated by 10-to 15-cM intervals, which is the intermarker distance optimal for detecting interference.’
- ‘Using these deletions, the mutations were mapped to seven intervals along the polytene chromosome map.’
- ‘Thirty segments distributed between 23 and 29 min on the chromosome map have been submitted to an inversion test.’
- ‘A chromosome map in which each position is linked to its n-plication degree (duplication, triplication, etc.) was established.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.