One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Involving or relating to chromosomes.‘a chromosomal disorder’
- ‘Biologic theorists believe chromosomal or nervous system disorders are the cause.’
- ‘Gross chromosomal disturbance would certainly seem likely to cause either cell death or conversion to a cancerous state.’
- ‘She won the Nobel Prize in 1983 for her discovery of chromosomal instability 50 years ago.’
- ‘These exposed populations have been shown to have chromosomal damage.’
- ‘He refused to accept ideas associating the gene with a particular stretch of chromosomal material.’
- ‘Chromosomal analysis through blood tests is also available in some cases.’
- ‘Major chromosomal rearrangements are often found in transformed genomes, suggesting that T-DNA insertion either requires or causes genomic instability.’
- ‘Folate deficiency appears to facilitate genetic modification at a fragile chromosomal site.’
- ‘Groups with chromosomal sex determination systems are expected to evince differences among males and females in absolute DNA content.’
- ‘The results are discussed in relation to the chromosomal evolution of the genus.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.