One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘As the chromophoric part of the molecule is inserted deeper in the membrane, singlet oxygen is produced by photosensitization at a greater depth.’
- ‘Here, internal protonation processes between the chromophoric group and the proton binding site close to the chromophoric group were assumed.’
- ‘Over the eons, photosynthetic organisms such as trees, plants, algae, and some bacteria have evolved a set of chromophoric pigments that efficiently capture sunlight, which they convert to energy that they use to sustain themselves.’
- ‘Such heterogeneous systems are generally characterized by the confinement of groups of chromophoric molecules to micron- or submicron-sized structures, which are dispersed in a buffered, partly aqueous medium.’
- ‘The carotenoid compounds, including beta-carotene, are essential components of our diets, acting as precursors to the chromophoric molecule rhodopsin, the pigment of vision.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.