One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A substance which can be readily converted into a dye or other coloured compound.
- ‘Immunohistochemistry was performed on an automated immunostainer using the antibodies listed in Table 2 with diaminobenzidine as the chromogen.’
- ‘The second step was a normalization of the staining intensity range to adjust for batch specific background and maximal staining intensity by the chromogen.’
- ‘They can be detected by an attack on deoxyribose which originates fragments which, when heated with thiobarbituric acid at low pH, will generate a pink chromogen.’
- ‘The latter enzyme reacts with a chromogen to produce the final color.’
- ‘After incubation, the color was developed with the peroxidase substrate (hydrogen peroxide) and the stable chromogen (diaminobenzidine).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.