One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A hard fine-grained steel containing chromium, used for making tools.
- ‘The LCU contains the pump, radiator, reservoir and cooling fan, all neatly enclosed in an attractive looking brushed aluminium and chrome steel enclosure.’
- ‘High quality fuel injectors are usually made of high alloy chrome steel that can withstand harsh conditions under the hood.’
- ‘Generally the hardening temperature chrome steel was 20° to 30° C. higher than for carbon-steel’
- ‘Chrome steel was employed in the production of armor plate and projectiles because of its hardness and resistance to shock.’
- ‘As Miller also points out, the story of Eads's decision to use chrome steel was confusing at the time and has grown even more confusing since.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.