One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Leather tanned with chromium salts.
- ‘The chrome leather soles (the ‘fuzzy bottoms’) just are not waterproof, and are designed for indoor use only.’
- ‘Scraps of chrome leather can be fully used.’
- ‘Vegetable tanned mahogany leather combines with brown chrome leather and brindle cowhide in this collection.’
- ‘Ask for the really thick chrome leather, and not the very thin suede that is on ballroom dance shoes.’
- ‘In the case of chrome leather, it can be degraded with ease, because the tanning agent is completely bound to the collagen by the action of tanning.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.