Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Leather tanned with chromium salts.
- ‘Ask for the really thick chrome leather, and not the very thin suede that is on ballroom dance shoes.’
- ‘In the case of chrome leather, it can be degraded with ease, because the tanning agent is completely bound to the collagen by the action of tanning.’
- ‘The chrome leather soles (the ‘fuzzy bottoms’) just are not waterproof, and are designed for indoor use only.’
- ‘Vegetable tanned mahogany leather combines with brown chrome leather and brindle cowhide in this collection.’
- ‘Scraps of chrome leather can be fully used.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.