One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The effect produced by the refraction of different wavelengths of light through slightly different angles, resulting in a failure to focus.
- ‘Typical aberrations that can impact imaging performance include astigmatism, chromatic aberration, and spherical aberration.’
- ‘For instance, a white-light profilometer system uses chromatic aberration or an interferometry and phase shift technique to measure surface roughness to 1 nm.’
- ‘Newton was led by this reasoning to the erroneous conclusion that telescopes using refracting lenses would always suffer chromatic aberration.’
- ‘The effects of spherical and chromatic aberration increase as the pupil expands.’
- ‘The chromatic aberration, the secondary spectrum, and the spherical aberration could be corrected, and although the spherochromaticity was large, it was tolerable.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.