One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The period immediately before and after 25 December.‘a special holiday dish traditionally eaten at Christmastime’
- ‘Now, I admit, there is a part of me that finds all this pressure to consume at Christmastime distasteful.’
- ‘Christmastime is almost here - the most wonderful time of the year!’
- ‘He had planned to announce his hope to send her to the conservatory at Christmastime.’
- ‘With winter came Josie's favorite time of year, Christmastime.’
- ‘At Christmastime thirteen Santa Claus figures called Christmas Men (or Yuletide Lads) are said to visit every home in the land.’
- ‘Often at Christmastime there would be a special networked Christmas Eve or Christmas Day service.’
- ‘A showy group of perennials are the hellebores, which can be planted to bloom from around Christmastime to spring.’
- ‘His family combines a mixture of British and Bulgarian traditions at Christmastime.’
- ‘Then, around Christmastime, physicians in Pennsylvania threatened a massive work stoppage, which was averted only by special intervention by the Governor.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.