One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The day on which the festival of Christmas is celebrated, 25 December.
- ‘Elsewhere, the poet mentions a painting that is a Christmas Day gift.’
- ‘The Mint is closed on Christmas Day and Good Friday.’
- ‘Hints of the coming crisis emerge as the families enjoy a Christmas Day gathering at the brothers’ jointly owned luxury beach house.’
- ‘For Antony, his mother and the rest of his family it was a Christmas Day spent like many before.’
- ‘He also praised the work of St. Joseph's Football Club who raised money by holding a Christmas Day swim, which helped fund the children's visit.’
- ‘A man has been jailed for a Christmas Day knife attack on the mother of his child.’
- ‘I hope they are going to have as miserable a Christmas Day as I am.’
- ‘Buried in Philadelphia, he died there on Christmas Day, 1917, and was laid to rest in Holy Cross Cemetery in Section 12, Range 2, Lot 7, Grave 1.’
- ‘On Christmas Day, there will be Holy Communion in Boyle at 10 am and at 11.30 am in Taunagh Parish Church, Riverstown.’
- ‘I turned around slowly to get back to work, a little embarrassed for the tears in my eyes, and there was a group of my co-workers, one with a box of tissues, which she passed around to each nurse who worked a Christmas Day she will never forget.’
- ‘They train on Christmas Day and play on Boxing Day.’
- ‘On Christmas Day 1999 he was inducted as Parish Priest by Bishop Thomas Finnegan.’
- ‘I think that taking players away from the family on a Christmas Day is a bit harsh.’
- ‘The Old Montreal homeless shelter will be having their Christmas mass on Dec.24 at 8 p.m. at the shelter and a Christmas Day meal served at noon.’
- ‘And so a Christmas Day of abstention was born.’
- ‘We don't want racing on Christmas Day or even Good Friday.’
- ‘Besides Christmas Day, New Year's Day, and Easter, Panamanian Americans celebrate the Independence Day of Panama on November 3.’
- ‘What a Christmas Day it will be with treats and treasures for all.’
- ‘An ex-convict who knifed his dad after a Christmas Day drinking session is behind bars for 21 months - and was warned by a judge to stay away from him in future.’
- ‘A neighbour has been hailed a lifesaver after rescuing a young girl from a Christmas Day blaze and ending up in hospital.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.