One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘During the seventh and eighth centuries, the Celtic and Benedictine monasteries played a vital role in the Christianization of the former Roman Empire.’
- ‘In the aftermath of the Spanish-American War in 1898, these Disciples believed America stood poised to play a significant role in the Christianization and elevation of the world.’
- ‘The Anglo-Saxons, Christianized from Rome, Francia, and Ireland, thought they had a duty to evangelize their continental cousins without realizing quite how much Christianization had already taken place.’
- ‘What must, therefore, surprise us in Britain is not that recent research has indicated a considerable amount of Christianization in the fourth century, but that there is not more.’
- ‘By and large, slave holders through the early nineteenth century were hostile to, suspicious of, or largely indifferent to the Christianization of the enslaved given the religion's egalitarian aspects.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.