One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Christmas.as modifier ‘this video's a must for your Chrissie list’
christmas, christmastime, christmastide, festive seasonView synonyms
- ‘Now that's done and dusted back to the Chrissy list.’
- ‘In true Chrissy spirit the band will be handing out a few free CDs, so get down there early for a boogie and some freebies.’
- ‘This year has been such a bumper year for games we've had to split our normal Chrissy special over two editions.’
- ‘With only 5 Saturdays to go before Chrissy, the first of the popular Xmas hampers is up for grabs in the 2-person ambrose competition.’
- ‘I checked under the Chrissy tree and it wasn't there either.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.