One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Christmas.as modifier ‘this video's a must for your Chrissie list’
christmas, christmastime, christmastide, festive seasonView synonyms
- ‘I checked under the Chrissy tree and it wasn't there either.’
- ‘In true Chrissy spirit the band will be handing out a few free CDs, so get down there early for a boogie and some freebies.’
- ‘With only 5 Saturdays to go before Chrissy, the first of the popular Xmas hampers is up for grabs in the 2-person ambrose competition.’
- ‘Now that's done and dusted back to the Chrissy list.’
- ‘This year has been such a bumper year for games we've had to split our normal Chrissy special over two editions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.