Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Christmas.[as modifier] ‘this video's a must for your Chrissie list’
christmas, christmastime, christmastide, festive seasonView synonyms
- ‘I checked under the Chrissy tree and it wasn't there either.’
- ‘In true Chrissy spirit the band will be handing out a few free CDs, so get down there early for a boogie and some freebies.’
- ‘This year has been such a bumper year for games we've had to split our normal Chrissy special over two editions.’
- ‘With only 5 Saturdays to go before Chrissy, the first of the popular Xmas hampers is up for grabs in the 2-person ambrose competition.’
- ‘Now that's done and dusted back to the Chrissy list.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.