One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘As usual, you've taken the most chowderheaded possible approach to an issue.’
- ‘William was not the bombastic chowderheaded demagogue he was portrayed as - and in fact he actually won his case.’
- ‘Once the decision was made to go for chowderheaded sensation over more difficult to digest substance, things only got worse.’
- ‘Anyway, this all goes to show how chowderheaded the Martians really are.’
- ‘Equally chowderheaded was the European decision to reject the merger between the two companies on grounds that were spurious, at best.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.