One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A test made in early pregnancy to detect congenital abnormalities in the fetus, in which a tissue sample is taken from the villi of the chorion.
- ‘Another prenatal test, called chorionic villus sampling, can diagnose most, but not all, of the same birth defects as amniocentesis.’
- ‘Prenatal tests called amniocentesis and chorionic villus sampling can diagnose Tay-Sachs before birth.’
- ‘Some birth defects can be diagnosed before birth, using one or more prenatal tests including ultrasound, amniocentesis and chorionic villus sampling.’
- ‘These options include amniocentesis, early amniocentesis, chorionic villus sampling, and ultrasound examination.’
- ‘Women at higher risk of carrying a baby with such conditions may opt for testing procedures like amniocentesis or chorionic villus sampling.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.