One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A railway route across the outer parts of an urban area.
- ‘This is where the main and chord lines to Barddhaman physically part, although the controlling station is Belur, immediately before.’
- ‘The station is located on the Cornish Main Line, and trains to Newquay must first traverse a near 180 degree curved chord line before joining the route of the former Cornwall Minerals Railway near the former St Blazey station.’
- ‘Train services on both the main line and chord line of the Eastern Railway's Howrah division were badly affected as angry residents obstructed train movements between Bhadreswar and Baidyabati stations for over seven hours on the issue.’
- ‘A view looking north-east showing the Hermitage Brook passing under the chord line from GCRN to the Midland main line.’
- ‘The reinstatement of a three-mile branch in South Lanarkshire and a mile-long chord line near Glasgow city centre will allow new through routes and improve connections for a number of services.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.