One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It's a choppily assembled picture to be sure, but never to the point of mindless, talentless incoherence.’
- ‘As my pen flowed across the paper, my mind moved choppily from thought to thought, unsure and hesitant.’
- ‘And there are some neat scenes, though they're so choppily edited that it's often hard to enjoy them.’
- ‘The task was more difficult than she had thought it would be, and she was left with choppily, sloppily cut, chin-length hair, but it was worth it.’
- ‘His overdriven sound drops in and out suddenly, while behind him Previte's drums break up choppily as though heard via an unreliable connection.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.