One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It's a choppily assembled picture to be sure, but never to the point of mindless, talentless incoherence.’
- ‘As my pen flowed across the paper, my mind moved choppily from thought to thought, unsure and hesitant.’
- ‘His overdriven sound drops in and out suddenly, while behind him Previte's drums break up choppily as though heard via an unreliable connection.’
- ‘And there are some neat scenes, though they're so choppily edited that it's often hard to enjoy them.’
- ‘The task was more difficult than she had thought it would be, and she was left with choppily, sloppily cut, chin-length hair, but it was worth it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.