One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An outdoor meal in which meat is cooked over an open fire.‘we're all going for a chop picnic in the scrub’
- ‘Chop picnics were very popular amongst young people working at the Royal Hobart Hospital in the 1950s.’
- ‘House guests will share a chop picnic on Christmas Eve.’
- ‘Going for a chop picnic in the hills was a regular activity.’
- ‘They were taken to Mount Dandenong and initiated into the joys of a chop picnic.’
- ‘They generously lent their home for a chop picnic to assist the funds of the Animal Welfare League.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.