One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An English person.‘there was the belief that the diggers were better fighters than the chooms’
- ‘Thirty-one thousand people watched the Chooms roll over them in this match 33–10.’
- ‘To the Australians these 'chooms' seemed naive, unworldly, and deferential.’
- ‘You said a choom put on your bandage.’
- ‘The chooms should hand this criminal over, to face charges.’
- ‘There was the belief that the diggers were better fighters than the 'chooms'.’
First World War: representing a British English dialect pronunciation of chum.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.