One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A genre of literature dealing with countryside romance in Australia.‘she's read so much chook lit now I'm surprised she's not clucking’
- ‘The former rural radio reporter and farmer is now the queen of chook lit.’
- ‘For older female readers, there’s chook lit, dealing with broken-down relationships, divorce, and friendships with other women.’
- ‘Chook lit features feisty female protagonists who love the land, farming, or outback life.’
- ‘She is a pioneer of chook lit—a rural romance genre her publishers say is a red-hot winner.’
- ‘A uniquely Australian take on romance fiction—chook lit, as it's affectionately known—routinely outsells local popular fiction and crime.’
- ‘Romance and rodeos rule as rural readers turn to chook lit.’
- ‘Chook lit was originally the preserve of the baby-boomer generation, who want to read about women with a little more life under their belt than the twenty-somethings.’
- ‘Chook lit is publishing’s latest phenomenon with rural romances outselling other fiction.’
- ‘It has been a year of emerging genres, and one of the most popular has been chook lit.’
- ‘He was amused by a comment from his librarian wife, who described the book she was reading at the weekend as 'chook lit'.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.