One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A cell which has secreted the matrix of cartilage and become embedded in it.
- ‘Microscopic examination revealed nodules of hyaline cartilage with chondrocytes arranged in a clustering pattern.’
- ‘Epiphyseal cartilages showed huge chondrocytes, frequently with intracytoplasmic vacuoles.’
- ‘Like all mammalian cells, articular chondrocytes can be injured or killed by excess heat.’
- ‘Moreover, the use of articular chondrocytes as healing cells for a meniscal lesion was determined by the outcome of the previous studies, in which the bonding properties of this cell source were demonstrated and measured.’
- ‘It is essentially composed of a type II collagen sponge supported by water held in place by proteoglycans produced by the chondrocytes embedded in the matrix.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.