One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the linguistic theories of Noam Chomsky, especially those concerning generative grammar.‘Chomskyan ideas about an innate language faculty’
- ‘This can be seen to follow from the fact that the standard Chomskyan theory views control in a narrow, syntactic sense.’
- ‘He has merged Chomskyan ideas about an innate language faculty with the Darwinian theory of adaptation and natural selection.’
- ‘Over the years, Chomskyan linguistics has become increasingly abstract.’
- ‘As a Chomskyan linguist I would argue in favour of an ethical system based on our own innate ethics.’
- ‘The book is an interesting read too, though the author is a bit too Chomskyan for my taste.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.