One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the linguistic theories of Noam Chomsky, especially those concerning generative grammar.‘Chomskyan ideas about an innate language faculty’
- ‘As a Chomskyan linguist I would argue in favour of an ethical system based on our own innate ethics.’
- ‘Over the years, Chomskyan linguistics has become increasingly abstract.’
- ‘He has merged Chomskyan ideas about an innate language faculty with the Darwinian theory of adaptation and natural selection.’
- ‘This can be seen to follow from the fact that the standard Chomskyan theory views control in a narrow, syntactic sense.’
- ‘The book is an interesting read too, though the author is a bit too Chomskyan for my taste.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.