One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Infected with cholera.
- ‘The committee came down firmly in favour of ‘the supposition that the choleraic infection multiplies rather in air than in water.’’
- ‘He was not able to obtain such a pure culture, but did try to infect animals with choleraic material.’
- ‘Indicator strains of cholerae bacillus for the detection and primary identification of choleraic bacteriophages’
- ‘Folkloric and Ayurvedic writings are replete with accounts of the efficacy of the coconut for many ailments from the cure of wounds, bums, ulcers, lice infestations to dissolution of kidney stones and treatment of choleraic dysenteries.’
- ‘The whole of the wards of the London Homœopathic Hospital were devoted to the treatment of the epidemic, and 64 cases of cholera and 331 of choleraic and simple diarrhœa were treated.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.