Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The formation of gallstones.
- ‘95% of those with cholecystitis will have cholelithiasis.’
- ‘Splenectomy effectively arrests the extravascular hemolysis and prevents its long-term complications, such as cholelithiasis and aplastic crises.’
- ‘Liver function tests, such as lactate dehydrogenase and aspartate aminotransferase, may be elevated in alcoholic liver disease and pancreatitis associated with cholelithiasis.’
- ‘These tumors are associated with diabetes mellitus, cholelithiasis, steatorrhea, and hypochlorhydria.’
- ‘Everything about his cholecystitis with cholelithiasis and pancreatitis was ‘textbook’ except the location of his most intense abdominal pain.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.