Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The formation of gallstones.
- ‘Everything about his cholecystitis with cholelithiasis and pancreatitis was ‘textbook’ except the location of his most intense abdominal pain.’
- ‘These tumors are associated with diabetes mellitus, cholelithiasis, steatorrhea, and hypochlorhydria.’
- ‘95% of those with cholecystitis will have cholelithiasis.’
- ‘Liver function tests, such as lactate dehydrogenase and aspartate aminotransferase, may be elevated in alcoholic liver disease and pancreatitis associated with cholelithiasis.’
- ‘Splenectomy effectively arrests the extravascular hemolysis and prevents its long-term complications, such as cholelithiasis and aplastic crises.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.